Looking to start a business in Covid situation? Well, the best way to earn money even from home is to start a Wholesale Jewelry business. First of all we need to understand what exactly wholesale business is. Wholesale business or distributing is selling of goods to retailers, to industries, to institutions or businesses. In general, it is the sale of goods to anyone other than a standard consumer. Since with the decrease in footfall on local shops there is a high increase in Online Shopping.
Secondly, we need to decide which Wholesale business we need to start. Here we are talking about “How to become a wholesale Distributor of Silver Jewelry”. Whether you want to start a new business or add a revenue stream to what you’re already doing, wholesale jewelry distribution offers an attractive choice, literally and aesthetically.
You can start wholesale gemstone jewelry business or wholesale silver jewelry business, there are a lot of options in this. There are different types of gemstones available in market and some gemstones indicate some or the other thing. There are different birthstones according to the sun signs such as Sapphire, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Emerald, etc.
There are a lot of gemstone jewellery manufacturers mostly from India, Thailand & Bali Exporting but only a few to trust considering quality & purity of jewelry is a very important task to be considered.
If you want to start quick instead of reaching out to manufacturers & skipping Minimum value orders you can shop for ready stock.
For example you can refer to this website which is dealing in ready Gemstone & Plain Sterling Silver Jewellery; http://silverwholesale925.com/. Creating jewellery in 925 Sterling Silver & Brass jewellery while keeping the new age customer in mind. The best part about the company – all the jewelry they have comes is ready stock so you can forget about manufacturing time and MOQ.
How to Operate
We need to decide whether you want to operate as a business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) distributor. In B2B you will be buying jewelry at wholesale prices and then selling it to jewelry retailers. In B2C in which we will be purchasing jewelry and selling it to the end user, either through a store, on a website, or using a third-party resource such as eBay. It’s an important step in wholesale business.
If you are new in wholesale business of 925 sterling silver then you need to keep some points in your mind. First you need to know the difference between Silver and 925 Sterling Silver. Sterling silver is a popular metal used to make jewelry and other decorative items. Silver has 99.9% of silver, and a small content of other metals such as copper. Sterling Silver, on the other hand, consists of 92.5% silver, and the remaining part consists of copper – mostly copper. That is why Sterling Silver is popularly referred to as 925 Sterling Silver.
There are few steps that should be followed to check the quality of sterling silver.
- Hallmarking: First and foremost thing is to check whether the sterling silver jewelry is hallmarked or not. 925 is to be written on the products. Before selling it to your customers you need to get the silver jewelry hallmarked. At SMGL we focus on supplying premium Indian gemstone jewellery where each product is hallmarked.
- Magnet test: Hold the jewelry piece and check whether it’s magnetic or not. 925 sterling silver jewelry is not magnetic if your jewelry piece is drawn to the magnet, it is not real 92.5 sterling silver or more. Chances are that the alloy your jewelry piece was made has a different composition percentage.
- Weight test: Weight of the jewelry determines whether the jewelry piece is real 925 sterling silver or not. Compare it with the original 925 sterling silver jewelry.
Do follow these steps, so that your customers can trust you while buying the sterling silver jewelry from you.
Building a brand from a scratch is not an easy task, you need to tell the people about your brand, what it’s all about and how you built it.
There are many questions that inevitably come up when you start thinking about how to connect the dots between what you’re selling and who you’re trying to reach.
For making a brand first of all you need to decide the name of the brand and after deciding the name you need to create a Logo accordingly and an effective tagline for the same. There are few steps to create your brand.
- Decide the name of the brand.
- Make a logo for the brand.
- Write an attractive slogan.
- Search the target audience and competitors of your brand.
- Search the ways to promote your brand. It could be through social media, word of mouth or any other way.
For starting a Sterling silver jewelry wholesale business you need to keep in mind that the name of the brand should revolve around it. After naming the brand design a logo and write an attractive tagline. The tagline should go with wholesale business you are doing. Colors play an vital role in designing the logo.
After deciding all the factors you need to decide how you need to sell the products. Selling channels in marketing are one of the most important “4 Ps” (product, promotion, price, and placement). They’re a key element in your entire marketing strategy, it helps in growth of the business. There are many places where you can sell your sterling silver jewelry.
- You can sell on Online Marketplaces or Ecommerce websites. By selling through these websites you can reach to a wider net of potential clients. You can deal even with the clients who are not in reach. So it’s the easiest way to sell products.
- For wholesale business Distributors play a vital role. They are mainly wholesale businesses that specialize in selling to retailers, not directly to consumers. Having a distributor may mean you don’t need to maintain a retail location, which is capital that can be reinvested into your business.
- Foreign Distributors helps you to create a market for your product in other countries also, which is a benefit for wholesale silver jewelry business. Foreign distributors also handle customs formalities and paperwork, leaving you more time to focus on operations.
- Affiliate Marketing or Affiliate sales is also an another way to sell your sterling silver jewelry. Basically in this the person sells your products and gets commission from you. It will create a market buzz also.
It’s not all hard to start a Wholesale jewelry business, just follow the steps mentioned above and you are ready to roll. Our team at SMGL is always ready to support you on your jewelry making endeavors & our expert craftsman can make any difficult design with ease.